Marquam is hiring an Administrative Coordinator. Ready to change the world with us? Read on and apply!
Director of Operations
Part time, hourly. Partial work from home/from MAA offices/occasional onsite consultations
Hours are flexible and range from 8-25 hours/week depending on season and workload
A desire for availability Tues-Thurs 12-4p preferred
$16-18, DOE once working solo. Training Wage: $12 until working solo
Marquam Auction Agency is your premier, minority owned, operated and focused full-service fundraising agency changing the world one benefit event at a time through charity event planning, revenue strategy, consultation on marketing, fundraising + best practices and comprehensive benefit auctioneering services from certified Benefit Auctioneer Specialists. Our professional auctioneers are graduates of accredited auction colleges and certified BAS (of which fewer than 1% of all auctioneers are nationwide).
MAA is rapidly expanding and seeks a professional, self-directed and collaborative person to support our team of benefit auctioneer specialists and keep our office systems organized while delivering sensational service to our clients and partners. The Administrative Coordinator will support the Director of Operations (DO) in managing Marquam’s behind the scenes work as well as supporting the administrative needs of the Founder and DO.
We seek someone who is extremely efficient, detailed oriented and solution focused while being a great human and a skilled communicator.
- Assist with onboarding new staff
- Keep staff contact info current – internal + external
- Ensure all staff have access to contact information
- Work with social media manager to ensure all staff maintain current bios
- Manage staff birthday calendar
- Track and maintain employee + contractor files and invoices
- Maintain and prep clerk bags
- Monitor and order clerk inventory + office supplies
- Create and maintain event folders
- Upload relevant files for clients + auctioneers
- Create auctioneer meeting outlines. Execute tasks as needed
- Manage event calendars, meeting requests and meeting reminders for auctioneers and their associated meetings, follow-ups and events
- Send follow-up recap email following consultation
- Maintain event folder organization
- Scan event results and manage historical data
- Manage post-event wrap up (internal systems, following year’s contract)
- Manage Founder’s inbox – triage email + respond to clients when possible
- Direct phone calls + client intakes to DO
- Respond to basic client inquiries within 1 business day
- Manage information flow between clients + staff
- Assist with client consultations documenting minutes + executing necessary tasks in real time
- Minimum two years related detail-oriented experience; auction or nonprofit experience a plus!
- Proficient with: GMail, Google Calendar, DropBox, GoogleDocs, Google Drive, Google Sheets, scheduling conference calls, Excel, PPT and advanced word processing. Some design, basic social media and photo editing skills a fabulous plus!
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and execute in a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Solid written + oral communication skills. Excellent phone manners
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Absolute personal integrity, credibility and loyalty
- Ability to uphold MAA’s brand values in all communications – both onsite and offsite
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a modern, working computer, internet access and long-term working phone + number
- Ability to travel to downtown, SW Portland offices and occasional onsite consultations
Marquam Auction Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage candidates of color and other underrepresented groups to apply. We value and encourage a culture of diversity and celebrate our employees’ multiple identities, including age, race and ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, physical ability, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and veteran status.
If you desire a fun and supportive work environment where do-gooding is the norm with plenty of opportunity to grow – please send your cover letter + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20th, 2018.
Please address in your cover letter how recent professional experiences have prepared you for success in this role and how this job fits into your long term professional goals.
Come and change the world with us! #DoGoodBeGood