Marquam is hiring an Operations Manager. Ready to change the world with us? Read on and apply!
Part-time, hourly. Choice/combination of work from home/from MAA offices/occasional onsite consultations.
Hours are flexible and range from 15-30 hours/week depending on season and workload. If full time-work preferred, we can work to make this happen.
A desire for consistent availability Mon-Thurs 12-4p preferred, plus client responses within 1 business day.
Depends on experience. Hourly – range $20-29/hour.
Marquam Auction Agency is your premier, woman of color owned, operated and focused full-service fundraising agency changing the world one fundraising event at a time through charity event planning, revenue strategy, consultation on digital marketing, fundraising + best practices and comprehensive benefit auctioneering services from certified Benefit Auctioneer Specialists. Our professional auctioneers are graduates of accredited auction colleges, certified BAS (of which fewer than 1% of all auctioneers are nationwide) and members of the National Auctioneers Association (NAA).
MAA is rapidly expanding and seeks a professional, organized, self-directed and collaborative person to support our team, execute administrative functions and keep our office systems organized while delivering sensational service to our clients and partners. The Operations Manager manages Marquam’s behind the scenes work.
We seek someone who is extremely efficient, detailed oriented and solution focused while being a great human and a skilled communicator who can work with minimal oversight. Meeting deadlines is paramount.
If you desire a fun and supportive work environment where do-gooding is the norm with plenty of opportunity to grow – please send your cover letter + resume to [email protected] by October 18, 2019.
**Please address in your cover letter how recent professional experiences have prepared you for success in this role and how this job fits into your long term professional goals.
- Onboard + train new staff
- Schedule staff for events
- Manage + update staff contact information including staff birthday calendar and email listserv groups
- Work with social media manager to ensure all staff maintain current bios
- Track and maintain employee + contractor files and invoices
- Manage, update CRM pipelines. Execute assigned CRM tasks
- Create and manage event contracts + proposals
- Manage auctioneers’ event calendars, meeting requests/scheduling, meeting reminders + meeting follow-ups for auctioneers and their associated meetings, follow-ups and events
- Manage post-event wrap up
- Maintain + prep clerk bags
- Monitor and order clerk inventory + office supplies
- Create and maintain event folders
- Upload relevant files for clients + auctioneers
- Scan event results, manage historical data spreadsheets, create reports as requested
- Manage staff + vendor invoices
- Direct generic phone calls and emails to appropriate staff as needed
- Respond to basic client inquiries within 1 business day
- Manage information flow between clients + staff
- Manage Founder’s inbox – triage email + respond to clients when possible
- Minimum two years related operations/administrative experience; auction or nonprofit experience a plus!
- Proficient with: GMail, Google Calendar, GoogleDocs, Google Drive/shared drives, Google Hangouts, Google Sheets, scheduling Google conference calls/meetings, Excel, PPT, Word and advanced word processing. Bonus: HubSpot, Quickbooks, event staffing software. Some design, basic social media and photo editing skills a fabulous plus!
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and execute impeccable deliverables under deadlines in a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Solid written, oral and phone communication skills
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Absolute personal integrity, credibility, loyalty and discretion. Growth potential for dedicated team members
- Ability to uphold MAA’s brand values in all communications – both on and offsite
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a modern, working computer, internet access and long-term working phone + number
- Ability to travel to downtown, SW Portland offices and occasional onsite consultations
Marquam Auction Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage candidates of color and other underrepresented groups to apply. We value and encourage a culture of diversity and celebrate our employees’ multiple identities, including age, race and ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, physical ability, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and veteran status.
Come and change the world with us! #DoGoodBeGood